Goodreads review of Half the Sky

Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas_D_Kristof

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

This book is incredibly informative, in-depth and important. It focuses on giving first hand experiences with the woes that women around the globe face.
The authors are clearly very involved in the cause they are writing about. It's always wonderful to hear about world issues from people who've ventured through the heart of the hurricane as opposed to people who've simply done good research.

The way the book addresses some malignant and dangerous flaws in society is perfect. Not so much I feel like a terrible human being because I live somewhere that has fresh water; enough that I want to help those who don't. Which leads me to one of the best parts: it teaches and shows you HOW to help. It describes others who have found ways to give assistance and offers suggestions.

Beautiful book that makes me proud to be a woman and anxious to change the way women are viewed. We truly hold up half the sky.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Met My Mother

Termites and Midnights and Night Lights

You're worth it