Over on Instagram, or, more appropriately named, bookstagram, I did a photo challenge. It was #middleearthmarch. Boy did I unleash a dragon. I never realized how much I loved Tolkien's work and on how many different levels it touches me. I really enjoyed the challenge of taking beautiful photos, finding quotes, reading through the books and discussing them with others. I won't tell you everything I posted and discussed or put up all the pictures. Let me just share with you my favorite things and post my favorite pictures. But first, I have to tell you how I learned about hobbits. There and Back Again... Growing up my parents had several dozen kid movies recorded on VHS for me to watch. We didn't go out and buy every movie that was released so I ended up watching these movies on an endless loop. My favorites were Rainbow Brite, The Care Bears movie 2, The Land Before Time and the hobbit movies: The Hobbit and The Return of the King. The hobbit movies were cute lil carto...
Comments
Post a Comment